Tuesday, March 1, 2022

ASKING FOR AND SHOWING ATTENTION

        When you tell a story, you can use questions to attract your listeners’ attention. Whereas when you listen to a story, you can use several expressions to show that you are paying attention to what is being talked about.

Asking for Attention

  • Excuse me, I wonder if I could trouble you ….
  • May I have your attention, please?
  • Excuse me, ….
  • Sorry to trouble you.
  • Sorry to bother you.
  • Look at me!
  • Look what I’ve got here.
  • Look here.
  • Look!
  • Hey!
  • Attention, please!
  • Excuse me!


Showing Attention

  • I see. 
  • Tell me more about it.
  • Oh, yes. 
  • Really?
  • Mmm... 
  • Oh, my God! What happens next?
  • A ha... 
  • And then what?
  • How interesting! 
  • What’s next?
  • I know what you mean. 
  • Is that all?
  • Oh, oh! 
  • Indeed? 
  • Well, well, well… 
  • Oh, no!

Source : Look Ahead Grade X - Penerbit Erlangga

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHORT FUNCTIONAL TEXT : ANNOUNCEMENT

Getting to Know                    Announcement is a form of text that is spoken, written, or printed so that other people know the informat...

Popular Posts