Tuesday, March 1, 2022

EXPRESSING FEELINGS

Expressing Happiness

  • Oh, I’m so happy.
  • I can’t say how pleased I am.
  • I had a splendid time there.
  • What a marvelous place I’ve ever seen.
  • It’s an outstanding adventure.
  • It’s an interesting experience.
  • It’s a sensational trip.
  • Great!
  • Exciting!
  • Fantastic!
  • Super!
  • Terrific!
  • Smashing!
  • Hey, that’s terrific/great!


Expressing Boredom

  • I think it was a boring holiday.
  • It sounds boring.
  • It’s totally/awfully boring.
  • I’m rather bored.
  • How boring!
  • I don’t think the trip was very interesting.
  • I’m fed up with it.
  • It’s totally boring.
  • The film was awfully boring.
  • How boring!
  • How unexciting!
  • I’m fed up with all your grumbling!
  • Dull.
  • Not interesting.

Expressing Disappointment

  • That’s very disappointing.
  • I must say I’m really disappointed.
  • It’s a great disappointment.
  • That’s too bad.
  • Oh no!
  • That’s too bad
  • That’s a real shame/pity.
  • It’s a real shame. Bad luck!

Source : Look Ahead Grade X - Penerbit Erlangga

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHORT FUNCTIONAL TEXT : ANNOUNCEMENT

Getting to Know                    Announcement is a form of text that is spoken, written, or printed so that other people know the informat...

Popular Posts