Tuesday, March 1, 2022

EXPRESSING SYMPATHY

        When you hear someone is hurt or sad, express your sympathy with the following expressions.

Offering Condolences

  • I’m sorry.
  • I’m sorry to hear about your father.
  • I’m sorry to hear that your little Tweetie died.
  • Let me offer my condolences.
  • Let me tell you how sorry I am to hear about your grandmother.
  • I know how you must feel.
  • You must feel terrible about losing your brother like that.

Responding to Condolences

    • Thank you.
    • That’s very kind of you.
    • There’s nothing that can be done about it.
    • It’s God’s will, I suppose.
    • God gives and God takes away.
    • That’s life.

Read Belle's letter below. She is expressing her sympathy in a letter of condolence. 


Jayapura Street 25
Jogyakarta.

27 June 2005


Dear Mr. Indian,

        I have just learned of the death of Tommy, your beloved pet. I share the grief that you are going through at this moment and convey my heartfelt condolences.
        Please do not hesitate to write and tell me if I can be of any help to you in this hour of sorrow.

Sincerely yours,

Belle


Source : Look Ahead Grade X - Penerbit Erlangga

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHORT FUNCTIONAL TEXT : ANNOUNCEMENT

Getting to Know                    Announcement is a form of text that is spoken, written, or printed so that other people know the informat...

Popular Posts